BORN Awards Terms & Conditions
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Born Awards Limited (UK company number 10495658) is the Promoter (Promoter) of the “BORN Awards 2018” also named in certain countries “Land Rover BORN Awards 2018” (Competition).
Online Applications for the Competition will run from midnight on 14 November 2017 (Opening Date) until midnight on 1st March 2018 (Closing Date).
- The competition is open to all designers, architects, artists and creators (Creators) that register at born.com and responsible for a beautiful and functional product launched in the last year (Product).
- Applications for the Competition must be made via the online form at [https://born.com/awards/signup]. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any application that does not provide fully complete and accurate information, compliant with these Terms & Conditions (Terms) and the website Terms & Conditions (Website Terms).
- Unless otherwise permitted by the Promoter, entry to the Competition is conditional upon the payment of £150 (Entry Fee) (in the case of a valid authentication code, the Fee is waived).
- The Competition shall comprise of 7 regional competitions in the USA, China, UK, Italy, France, Spain, and representatives from the rest of the world (Regions).
- The Competition will comprise of 6 categories: Architecture, Technology, Home, Fashion, Sports, Mobility (Categories).
- The theme of the year is “Peerless”.
- A jury for each stage of the Competition will consist of individuals chosen at the absolute and complete discretion of the Promoter (Jury). The Promoter reserves the right to change the members of the Jury in its absolute discretion, including at any stage of the Competition.
The Competition will be completed over the following stages:
- Four nominees (Nominees) will be selected by the BORN Team for each of six Categories in each of the seven Regions.
- Two finalists from the four Nominess (Finalists) will be selected by the Jury.
- A winner from the Finalists will be selected by the Jury for each of the six Categories in each of the seven Regions, leaving six winners (Regional Winners).
- These forty-two Regional Winners given a chance to exhibit their Products at Milan during the Design Week in April 2018.
- The Regional Winners will then go head-to-head in a global competition (Global Competition). Six out of the forty-two Regional Winners will be selected by the Jury as the final global winners (Global Winners).
- The Jury will have absolute and complete discretion on the criteria and process for selecting respectively any of the Nominees, Finalists, Regional Winners, and Global Winners.
- As experts in the industry the Jury will consider factors including the following values of each Creator – the relevance with the “Peerless” theme – the combination of beauty meets functionality and the values of innovation, sustainability and desirability - as evidences in the designs of the submitted Products.
Unless otherwise permitted by the Promoter, acceptance of the Prize (set out below) is conditional upon:
- the Regional Winners and/or Global Winners putting the relevant “BORN Awards 2018” or “Land Rover BORN Awards 2018” badges on their website; and
- confirmation from the Regional Winners and/or Global Winners that the Creator is available to attend the Regional/Global Competition,
- the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to any other eligible Creator in place of the Regional Winner and/or Global Winner selected by the Jury.
- After applications has been received, all communications between the Promoter and the Creators will be managed by email.
- The participating Creators will be notified by email if they have been selected as a Nominee, Finalist, Regional Winner or Global Winner.
The Regional Winners (including the Global Winners) will receive a prize (Prize) consisting of:
- A trophy designed by the design team of Land Rover:
- A chance to exhibit their Products at an award ceremony in Milan;
A celebration of their designs and a networking opportunity to engage in conversations with other creators, journalists and/or VIP guests.
- Regional Winners will be celebrated in Milan.
- Global Winners will be celebrated in London.
- Winners will have a chance to participate in the ‘BORN Conversations’ – a new summit which brings together the brightest creative and business minds to share ideas. The BORN Conversations take place in Milan and London.
- The Prize does not include (without limitation) any monetary compensation, travel, accommodation or other expenses.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the locations such as Milan (Regional Celebration) and London (Global Celebration) at any time if necessary.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- By entering the Competition, each applicant agrees to be bound by these Terms, the Website Terms and any additional terms and conditions appearing on our website specific to any particular stage of the Competition (adopted by the Promoter in its absolute discretion).
- Every Creator that enters the Competition must be prepared to make their own arrangements for their travel to Milan and/or London. If selected as a Regional Winner or a Global Winner, the Creator will be financially responsible for attending the events in Milan and/or London respectively, along with all associated costs related to participating in the Competition (including airfares, transport, transfers, shipping, insurance, accommodation and other costs).
- By entering the Competition, each applicant warrants and represents that he/she has all necessary the authority from the Creator and owner of all intellectual property relating to the Products to bind any business for all purposes relating to the Competition.
- Unless expressly determined otherwise by the Promoter, only one entry is permitted for each Creator and/or Product. Only the first received entry will be valid if more than one entry is received from any Creator or for any Product.
- Entry is restricted to Creators over the age of 18.
- All prizes must be taken as offered and are not exchangeable, transferable, redeemable for cash or for resale. In the event that a prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
PRIVACY & PUBLICITY
- The personal information collected as part of the entry is collected to enable identification of and communication with the winner, and for future marketing and promotional purposes.
- By registering an application for the Competition, the Creator agrees that the Promoter may use their name, image, town or county of residence to announce the Nominees Finalists, Regional Winners and Global Winners of this Competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- The Creator further agrees to use best endeavours to participate in publicity reasonable required by the Promoter in connection with the Competition.
- All Products that Creators submit through their applications to the Promoter will remain the property of the Creators. The Promoter does not claim any rights of ownership in the Creators Products.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter is not responsible for any:
- Malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website;
- Failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter; nor
- Any injury or damage to entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the competition or down loading any materials in a Competition.
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as Prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the Prize supplied again.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude the Creator from participating in the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.