13 distinguished finalists for the ‘Desire’ themed BORN Awards 2019. Winners will be revealed and exhibited at Milan Design Week.
The BORN Awards, founded by Jean-Christophe Chopin nine years ago, celebrates the BORN Society members (known and emerging talents) who create design-led lifestyle products and services that showcase desirability, functionality and integrity.
This year, more than 7,000 candidates from around the world have submitted their creations based on the theme of Desire.
13 finalists, in 6 categories, chosen from over 1,000 Spanish creators.
The best creators in their category are:
In the category of Technology:
- • Motor & Sport Institute, a truly unique space in Madrid dedicated to education, sports and technology, by Teo Martín & Emilio De Villota
- • Glovo, the on-demand mobile app that connects customers with independent local couriers, who acquire goods from any restaurant or shop in a city and also deliver urgent packages for a variable fee, by Oscar Pierre
In the category of Fashion & Accessories:
- • MOI & SASS, FW18 Collection handmade in Spain, created in leathers and suede sourced by the finest tanneries, by Moira Laporta & Alessandra De Osma
- • Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, A/W 19-20 collection: for the strong, independent and proud modern woman, by Agatha Ruiz de la Prada
In the category of Interior products:
- • TORU, Refix chair, by Jordi Ribaudí
- • Livingthings, Handmade and sustainable terracotta collection designed and made in Spain, by Xavier Mora & Sandra Compte
- • Parachilna, Gemo Lamp, by Luca Nichetto
In the category of Architecture & Interiors:
In the category of Sports & Leisure:
- • Yuccs, Yuccs Sneakers - the first merino wool shoe in Spain, by Pablo Mas
- • OTO Cycles, RaceR electric bike, by Oscar Tornero
In the category of Retail Concept:
- • ES Fascinante, the first Spanish multi-brand first multibrand online fashion retailer made in and by Spain supporting Slow Fashion, by Valentina Suárez-Zuloaga & Margarita Ruyra de Andrade
- • LAB LAMARCA, Concept Store in Madrid specialised in fashion, culture, technology and events, by Mischka Capriles & Magally Capriles
The winners will be exhibited at Milan Design Week from 8 – 14th April at the BORN exhibition space at 11 Via Palermo, Milan, in partnership with Land Rover.