The launch of the 9th edition of the BORN Awards was held at the Festival Automobile International within the Hôtel des Invalides. In honorary attendance was Mr. Gerry McGovern, chief design officer of Land Rover and co-president of the BORN Global Awards Jury.
The BORN Awards, founded by Jean-Christophe Chopin nine years ago, celebrates the BORN Society members (known and emerging talents) who create design-led lifestyle products and services that showcase desirability, functionality and integrity.
"I have been supporting creativity in the world for over 9 years with the sole conviction that creativity is stronger than anything else. This new edition of the BORN Awards is a real opportunity to support French creators who convey good taste, style and romance around the world." said Jean-Christophe Chopin, Founder and President of the BORN Awards.
This year, more than 7,000 candidates from around the world have submitted their creations based on the theme of Desire.
24 nominees, in 6 categories, chosen from 1,000 French creators.
The winners who impressed the jury with their bold and visionary creations were unveiled this morning in the presence of guests from the BORN Society and Land Rover.
The best creators in their category are:
In the category of Technology:
- • MyLiFi x Oledcomm, internet connection by light (LiFi), designer Pierre Garner
- • IEVA, jewelry for the measurement of environmental stress, founder Jean-Michel Karam
- • OnOff, cloud numbers app, founder Taïg Khris
- • OLFINITY, infinity collection, co-founder Olivier Partrat
In the category of Fashion & Accessories:
In the category of Interior products:
- • Norguet Studio, Heritage Collection with BROT Mirrors, Designer Patrick Norguet
- • Maison Sarah Lavoine, Double Jeu chair, designer Sarah Lavoine
- • Samuel Accoceberry Studio, Linea 3D 2018, designer Samuel Accoceberry
- • Isabelle Stanislas, mirror ellipse, architect Isabelle Stanislas
In the category of Architecture & Interiors:
- • Sebastien Segers Architect, Greenwich West, NYC, architect Sebastien Segers
- • Amelia Tavella Architects, school A Strega in Corsica, architect Amelia Tavella
- • Ora-ïto, Flying Nest, designer Ora-ïto
- • Vincent Callebaut Architects, TAO ZHU YIN YUAN Tower in Taiwan, architect Vincent Callebaut
In the category of Sports & Leisure:
- • Rossignol / JC de Castelbajac, new collection, designer JC de Castelbajac
- • Adidas X Études, 2018 Spring-Summer collection, the Études collective
- • On Tracks, GPS for runners
- • U.N.X Paris, sportswear collection, co-founders Marie and Olivier dall'Arche
In the category of Retail Concept:
- • Ski Service at the Cheval Blanc Hotel, owner Patrick Lepeudry
- • Nous Paris, new concept store, co-founders Sébastien Chapelle and Marvin Dein
- • Evidens de Beauté, by founder Charles-Edouard Barthes
- • Apple Store Champs Elysées, by architects Foster & Partners
For the first time, two special awards will be presented to reward creative innovation in the world of Beauty and Culinary Design.
In the Culinary design category:
- • Restaurant Lasserre, Chef Nicolas Le Tirrand
- • New Year's Eve Restaurant at Hotel Thoumieux, Chef Sylvestre Wahid
- • Experimental Chalet, Pierre-Charles Cros, Romée de Goriainoff and Olivier Bon
- • Refettorio Paris, designer Ramy Fischler and Chef Massimo Bottura
- • Sakara K2 Courchevel, owner Philippe Cappezone